Home Additions | Room Additions Manalapan, NJ Fontana and Sons Construction. Free Estimates, call today. Lic & insured.
Questions and Answers
Building a room addition can be an expensive proposition. However the value to cost ratio is easily justifiable when adding much needed space, functionality and convenience. More information for Home additions that make good financial sense
Uprooting, moving, selling old home has costs that many homeowners may not take into consideration too. Let’s face it, most older homes are solidly well built, to duplicate that today in new home would drastically increase a new home price. Manalapan, NJ, Marlboro, NJ Colts Neck, NJ
Most home remodeling contractors typically ballpark room addition cost estimates in dollars per square foot. This provides a rough baseline for typical home addition costs. This will help homeowners to get a general idea for a budget and the magnitude of what may occur in a the cost for an addition project. I’ll be frank here, this also helps to screen serious homeowners from the samplers. Some room additions can be more complicated to build due to the fact that not only does it need to be constructed well, but it also has to tie into the existing home in a structurally and aesthetically pleasing way.
Providing a home addition estimate takes effort, time and money, both in the design, planning, coordinating and construction of the room addition. Consequently home construction contractors can and may charge a premium when providing an addition cost estimate.
Home addition cost estimates can vary dramatically due to a number of factors. Primary factor, specifications of in the room addition plans.
Reasons for Home Additions Manalapan, NJ
Has your family outgrown your home? Do you have more children than bedrooms? Have you been thinking about a home theater or exercise room? Would you like a larger home, but you love your current neighborhood?
People generally build home additions for several reasons. If any of the following describes your situation, then you are probably thinking about a room addition:
- Your family is growing — a new baby is on the way, your kids are getting older and don’t want to share a bedroom, or your aging parents are moving in.
- You simply need more room to accommodate your lifestyle. You entertain more and would like a larger kitchen; you require additional storage space for sports or electronic equipment; or you feel strongly that each child should have his or her own room.
- You’re making more money now and you can afford to add a beautiful addition onto your home, adding living space and value to your property at the same time.
Make Your Home Addition in Manalapan, NJ Pay Off
In general, increasing the size of your kitchen and adding bathrooms almost always pay off. Other additions increase a home’s value, too, but beware of these caveats:
- If you’re planning to remain in your home for a long time, you can personalize an addition to your taste. But if you are thinking about selling in the near future, erring on the side of neutral is best, because potential buyers may not be able to see beyond your very customized improvements.
- Size matters. If your addition takes up a large portion of your lot, you lose your outdoor living space, landscaping areas and play space, and these are important to you as well as to potential buyers. Plus, you run the risk of upsetting your neighbors. Be sure to check your town’s laws regarding what percentage of your is buildable.
- Additions to older homes pay off more than additions to newer homes. Why? In an older home, an upgrade adds greater relative value than an upgrade to a home that it is only a few years old.
Fontana and Sons Construction is an award-winning general contractor. We have the experience and the personnel to help you build your construction project right the first time.
Visit our Gallery to view some of our completed projects.
NJ Office: 732-446-0884
NY Office: 718-938-9587